My Community

Hosted members group don't have access to 'Shop'!

fChk · 5 · 146

fChk

• Hosted Member
    • View Profile
I tried to load the Shop section of the forum as a hosted member but always get this message:
An Error Has Occurred!

You are not allowed to access the Shop!

Either a permission issue or it's supposed to be that way.

I'm posting this here as a feedback to let @fitkoh assess this issue and act accordingly.

fitkoh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for discovering this! Indeed it was affecting other membergroups also, you were just the first to discover it.

When SMFshop is installed, it adds permissions to existing membergroups, but new member groups need to have the permissions modified manually in the "permissions" tab of the admin panel.

Also I want to mention that the shop feature is experimental still. I don't know if I want to keep it. I had hoped it might assist with facilitating managing active hosting accounts, but it may be more of a  hindrance than a help and I still might scrap that entire part of the forums. More input on the functionality of the shop could help in making that determination.

fChk

• Hosted Member
    • View Profile
Also I want to mention that the shop feature is experimental still. I don't know if I want to keep it. I had hoped it might assist with facilitating managing active hosting accounts, but it may be more of a  hindrance than a help and I still might scrap that entire part of the forums. More input on the functionality of the shop could help in making that determination.

It can be helpful but you first need to decide how you'll be running your shared hosting, ie as a recurring x amount of posts Post4Host or just a one time x-amount of posts etc...

fitkoh

• Administrator
    • View Profile

It can be helpful but you first need to decide how you'll be running your shared hosting, ie as a recurring x amount of posts Post4Host or just a one time x-amount of posts etc...

I think I prefer a recurring amount of posts - although I want to keep the requirements very reasonable. Even one good post a month would be sufficient to me for a minimal package. I would like to see regular visitors making quality posts as opposed to people that will make a bunch of junk in a hurry and never come back; although it makes getting started a bit more tedious.

fChk

• Hosted Member
    • View Profile
I think I prefer a recurring amount of posts - although I want to keep the requirements very reasonable. Even one good post a month would be sufficient to me for a minimal package. I would like to see regular visitors making quality posts as opposed to people that will make a bunch of junk in a hurry and never come back; although it makes getting started a bit more tedious.

Wise decision!.. The forum does need some sections' (re)structuring though!.. Cramming everything inside the general section isn't a good idea!