My Community

Seeking testers!

fitkoh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply to this thread to test our new free shared web hosting service with directadmin.

Helpful testers may be entitled to legacy perks, once I figure out what those perks might be.

deanhills

• Gatekeeper
    • View Profile
Great layout @Fitkoh. To be honest, I don't mind testing any Forum right now.  And if it can be one that has been created by Al Fitkoh, then it's a great honor for me.

I'm absolutely starved for posting and going through serious withdrawal symptoms.

BTW not sure whether it's me, but I'm unable to reply to your feedback forum and your post asking for feedback.  I checked twice and the reply link below the post is missing.

So in summary.  So far everything has responded speedily. The sunrise Forum opening page looked awesome and welcoming. I was able to sign in immediately.  Didn't even have to verify my e-mail address.  As per usual I was expecting a verification request, as I got the request at SMF Forum.  But then when I signed into my registration e-mail account there was just a welcome e-mail with the following wording:

Thank you for registering at My Community. Your username is deanhills. If you forget your password, you may change it at https://input.social/connect/index.php?action=reminder.

Regards,
The My Community Team.

So let me know what needs to be tested and it would be great to be of any help.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:06:47 am by deanhills »

fChk

• Hosted Member
    • View Profile
Reply to this thread to test our new free shared web hosting service with directadmin.

Helpful testers may be entitled to legacy perks, once I figure out what those perks might be.

Like @deanhills, I'm also in for testing/using your service, although I'm more interested in VPS hosting than web hosting.. but won't hurt to have some web space too.  Just be aware that I'm generally more available during week-ends.

fitkoh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I wanted to set up shared hosting first because it's something I'm more comfortable with, to "get the ball rolling" as the saying goes. A timeline for vps hosting is a bit more difficult.

I have a k7 from kimsufi. It's a bit of a dust heap but it's capable of virtualization with an i3, 8gb ram, and 2tb spinning rust. While I set up the shared hosting, it is unfortunately idling. I rented the k7 mostly as a tool to practice and learn on, and I've been neglecting it.  I'm still exploring other options for better hardware. It's an interesting challenge on a small budget.

I'm having some issues with email deliverability. I created a test user in directadmin, and the email never made it to my gmail, not even the spam folder. I'll see if I can find logs somewhere and sniff out a problem, but in the meantime I will be sending account credentials via pm through the forums. I'll catch up on provisioning accounts sometime between supper and bedtime.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:19:22 am by fitkoh »

fChk

• Hosted Member
    • View Profile
PM received. Account provisioned and accessed. I'll explore it during this week-end.

Thanks!..

###########
     Edit:
###########
Mysql service is stopped!.. Is this related to the remote mysql cnx problem?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 02:37:40 am by fChk »

fitkoh

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Mysql service is stopped!.. Is this related to the remote mysql cnx problem?

This is a bug from the remote database installation. You should still be able to create and access your database.

Note that the remote database server is firewalled to receive database connections only from the web server, so you may not be able to access the remote database from external apps/etc.